What's new
Medical Marketing Forums

The #1 Medical Marketing Forum & Marketplace

Are you a medical professional or business owner? A webmaster? Need support with your online marketing tasks? Join the newest community targeted for marketing enthusiasts.

How do I find the right balance between competitive and long-tail keywords in medical SEO?

Aarav Patel

TM$
On my dental website, we rank for a lot of long-tail keywords, but I don't know if it's a good idea or not? Should I focus more on competitive keywords?

A new website will not easily rank for transactional keywords, as they are competitive and also with big CPC (Cost per Click), if you were to advertise.

What we do for our clients:

We create a topical map which allows us to organize the content in a logical way: the services the client provides, then content for the blogs which would "push" these service pages in the SERPs.

Your case: you offer orthodontic services, for instance, we'll have a page to promote this specific offer, but will also create blog posts on: how much does Invisalign cost, why are my braces hurt, how to remove braces etc.

All of these are those long-tail information keywords you mention, but, with a good CTA (Call to Action) on EACH of your website's pages, you will be able to onboard patients, while these blog posts are slowly going to "push" the service pages in the rankings.

I always create the entire structure from the start (even those pages that won't rank too soon), in order to complete our topical map and provide a logical structure to our visitors. But the initial traffic will surely come from easier to rank keywords.

Back