What's new
Medical Marketing Forums

The #1 Medical Marketing Forum & Marketplace

Are you a medical professional or business owner? A webmaster? Need support with your online marketing tasks? Join the newest community targeted for marketing enthusiasts.

How can I use word-of-mouth marketing to boost offline efforts?

Sophia Martinez

TM$
Everybody knows that WoM is the best marketing strategy and the most affordable (as it's free). But getting clients to become brand ambassadors is not easy. What are your strategies?

I absolutely love word-of-mouth and so far it has been my best advertising method for 2 decades. I was lucky enough to get some exceptional clients during my medical SEO career and some of them have become indeed brand ambassadors and were kind enough to refer me to their friends.

There are a few tips I can share to leverage this:
  • do a great job. We are human, we are going to mess up, but do your best every time you deal with a client. When you do mess up, own up to it and try to repair it.
  • be available. I was shocked to hear form some clients that their past marketing experts would not respond to emails for weeks (no chance of answering the phone, that would be next-level). As soon as I onboard a client, they have FULL access to me (yes, phone too), I try to respond in under 24h (usually it's instantly, if I am at my desk). If I cannot take a call (I drive or have something else to do), I usually call back as soon as possible. Even if not requested by most of them, I always offer the chance to meet (either weekly, every fortnight or monthly).
  • be flexible. I offer whatever type of reporting they need. I tweak my service plans to meet their requirements and expectations.
And most importantly: treat them respectfully and kind. We are all human beings. Be nice, funny, pleasant. Make sure you brighten up their day, not ruin it.

I have a sick sense of humor and make sure I get them laughing. We are all stressed by every-day living, why not make your clients feel better?

I will speak from a customer point of view. I refer a product or service to my friends and family when I am satisfied with the product and service and I absolutely love it. I believe business should ficus on delivering best product and service to get customers to do word of mouth marketing.

Back