What's new
Medical Marketing Forums

The #1 Medical Marketing Forum & Marketplace

Are you a medical professional or business owner? A webmaster? Need support with your online marketing tasks? Join the newest community targeted for marketing enthusiasts.

How can I effectively onboard new forum members?

Aarav Patel

TM$
What’s the best way to welcome new members and get them involved in the community? Should I offer tutorials or introduce them to specific sections of the forum? How do I ensure they become active contributors?

Getting those first forum members is not easy, but it can be done. Here are some tactics I have used over the years to boost activity on a brand new community:

1. have the forum structure ready - don't go crazy with a ton of categories, but do create a list of sub-topics that you will talk about. Having one big-Bertha category where everything should fit it makes the forum look empty and badly organized. Do not yet created sub-sub-categories (example: I have "medical seo" for instance, I haven't yet created "local seo" or "seo tools" sub-sub categories to keep the forum still clean).

2. start with 30-40 threads - have a few threads in each category, this way your new members will be enticed to reply. New people are not always that "brave" to start threads, so they'll most likely reply, while testing the waters.

3. have a "say hello" section and welcome new members - it allows new community members to feel welcome and see how warm the atmosphere is.

You can also send a private message, as soon as they have approved their account (it's a simple setting), letting them know about the main rules and encouraging to start posting in the community.

One of my favorite ways to get members on my new forum is by engaging in post exchange. I look for new forum owners on webmaster forums and I propose for post exchange. If they agree, they will join my forum and create some posts and in return, I also post on their forums. My another favorite method is by buying posting packages on webmaster forums. I post on webmaster forums to earn forum credits and I use those credits to buy posting packages.

Back